In addition to the full-board meetings that meet on a monthly basis, board members serve on a variety of committees to further guide the operations of WSSD. This allows for a focused study of specific matters of schools governance. When called upon to do so, committees may make recommendations on action items being considered by the full board.
Board member appointments to committees are made on an annual basis during the December reorganization meeting. A member of the district administration serves as a chairperson. Additionally, board members serve as WSSD liaisons and representatives with various outside groups and organizations.
The Educational Affairs Committee is dedicated to ensuring a high-quality and innovative educational program for all students. Our goal is to provide our students a rigorous, diverse, and engaging K-12 learning experience, based on data, research and state/national standards. With a focus on equity, we explore and review current and new curricular frameworks and pedagogical practices that support the district’s long-term mission and vision.
The Facilities Committee is designed to provide oversight of the District’s Infrastructure of Schools, Athletic Fields, and Support Facilities. The Committee will ensure our schools are built, maintained, and cleaned to the highest standards, in order to provide quality education for all our students. The Committee will review existing programs and projects and provide guidance to ensure appropriate focus on preventative maintenance of existing facilities as well as looking forward with capital improvement projects that support the district’s long-term mission and vision.
The Finance Committee is designed to provide oversight of the District’s Fiscal wellness. The Committee will ensure the district's Financial Operations and Contract Management of our schools are maintained and prepared to the highest standards, in order to provide quality education for all our students. The Committee will review existing programs and procedures and provide guidance to ensure appropriate focus on Fiscal Stability as well as looking forward with Financial Projections and Risk Management that support the district’s long-term mission and vision.
The Policy Committee makes recommendations to the full board about changes to current policies, addition of new policies and deletion of outdated policies based on changes in law, audits, and recommendations from administration with regard to district programs, pupils, employees, finances, property, operations, and community. The committee also monitors changes and trends affecting public education and considers new policies to address those changes that support the district’s long-term mission and vision.
The Wellness Committee is responsible for monitoring programs and policies that focus on the health and wellness of WSSD schools, staff, and students and families.
- Committee meetings are conducted by central office administration.
- Meetings will take place in Room B226 at 7 p.m.
- All meetings take place on Wednesdays unless otherwise noted.
- Agenda items will be presented.
- After each agenda item is presented, the administration will first call upon board members for questions and comments.
- The administrative team will then open the conversation to the community members for public comment, who will identify themselves and the part of the township where they reside. Community members' questions/comments will be addressed by the appropriate administrator.
Please note that questions and comments must pertain to agenda topics only.
- The full agenda for Committee Meetings are featured on BoardDocs before the actual meeting and on their individual committee pages. You can also view the presentations there. After a meeting's minutes are approved (at the subsequent meeting), they will be posted there, as well.
- All previous Committee Meetings are also archived in BoardDocs.
Educational Affairs CommitteeMs. Mary Jo Witkowski-Smith - ChairMr. Kevin HenryMs. Wendy VoetMs. Nannette WhitsettMs. Christine DolléFinance/Facilities CommitteesDr. David Grande - ChairMr. Kevin HenryMrs. Rachel HolbertMr. Lawrence KutysPolicy CommitteeMrs. Rachel Holbert - ChairMrs. Kelly Wachtman
Ms. Christine DolléWellness Advisory CommitteeDr. David GrandeMrs. Wendy VoetMs. Christine DolléWorkload CommitteeMrs. Kelly WachtmanMr. Kevin HenryMs. Mary Jo Witkowski-SmithDelaware County Community College
Ms. Nannette WhitsettDelaware County Intermediate Unit (DCIU) RepresentativeMr. Lawrence Kutys
Delaware County School Boards Legislative CouncilMrs. Rachel HolbertPSBA LiaisonMs. Mary Jo Witkowski-Smith(Last updated: December 7, 2022)