SHHS Guidance DepartmentSHHS Counseling Staff - 610-892-3470 (Extensions listed below)
- Marlena O'Kane, School Counselor - email@example.com x2115
- Morgan Segal, 9th Grade School Counselor - firstname.lastname@example.org x2111
- Robin Smith, School Counselor - email@example.com x2112
Kristin Dunning, Dept. Chair/School Counselor - firstname.lastname@example.org x2113
- Jennifer Salvage, School Counselor - email@example.com x2114
Elisa Clark, Administrative Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org x2117
Kathy Markert, Career Center Coordinator - email@example.com x2118
_______________________________________________________________________________________________Delaware County Community College - Dual Enrollment Program - CHECK THIS OUT!!!!DCCC is pleased to announce a special opportunity for high school juniors and seniors. Students may enroll in college classes at DCCC while completing their high school curriculum. Eligible juniors may take up to 9 credits, and seniors may take up to 12 credits at the amazing reduced rates of $50 per credit (with fees included) for a sponsoring school district, and $100 per credit (with fees included) for a non-sponsoring district. The $25 application fee is also waived. For more information call 610-359-5333 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the website as well - www.dccc.edu/highschoolClick here for more information and registration form - DCCC Dual Enrollment Information and Registration Form_____________________________________________________________________________2018-19 Common Application Essay Prompts
The essay prompts are as follows:
STANDARDIZED TESTING INFORMATION - Standardized Testing InformationATTENTION CLASS OF 2019!! - Are you confused about the college application process?Click here for the complete Guide To College Planninghttps://vimeo.com/73384070 Seniors and Parents of the Class of 2018 - this link is a very informative video concerning linking the Common App and Naviance!Look for scholarship and summer opportunities information on the SHHS guidance page. Information is always being added and updated - please be aware of scholarship/summer application deadlines!Remember to click on the SAT-ACT-AP Information link on this webpage for a multitude of test prep options - including free, practice standardized tests and test prep tutors!SAT Registration: Students may register online at http://www.collegeboard.org. The test center number for SHHS is 39-700. The code number for Strath Haven High School is 395-015.ACT Registration: You may register online at http://www.actstudent.org. The test center code for SHHS is 216670. The high school code for SHHS is 395-015.
- Some students have a background, identity, interest or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome?
- Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma - anything that is of personal importance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
- Discuss an accomplishment or event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
- Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you want to lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?
- Share an essay on any topic of your choice. It can be one you've already written, one that responds to a different prompt, or one of your own design.