The Wallingford-Swarthmore School District Business Office is dedicated to providing support and fiscal guidance to the School Board, School Administration, and staff so they may focus on addressing the academic, socio-emotional and extracurricular needs of our students. The Business Office performs many tasks associated with the non-academic areas of the District, including:
- Development of the annual budget
- Tax Collections
- Accounting for General Fund transactions
- Monthly reporting to the School Board
- Ensuring adequate internal controls over financial resources
- Accounting for Capital Fund transactions (construction and renovation expenses)
- Processing of payroll
- Purchasing of materials, supplies
- Entering into contracts with vendors and service providers
- Payment of the District’s financial obligations (accounts payable)
- Annual financial reporting to the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Managing property/casualty/liability insurance policies and associated claims
- Managing outstanding debt (new debt issuances and restructuring of existing debt)
- Managing Federal, State, and Local Audits
- Oversight of the Transportation Department
- Oversight of the Food Service Program
Welcome from Mary Martin, Business Administrator
Dear WSSD Community,
I am honored to serve as an administrator in such a high-performing and student-focused District. Under Dr. Marseille’s and the School Board’s leadership, I seek to support the advancement of the District’s overall goals. I look forward to working through the challenges and opportunities of my role. In doing so, I am committed to faithful stewardship of WSSD resources and meaningful, transparent communications with the Board and other community stakeholders.
On this page, you will find many helpful resources for understanding our District's financial & business objectives and data, including budget information, financial reports, and other documents. If you have any questions or need help being pointed to any of our resources, do not hesitate to contact me or the office.
We look forward to continuing to serve you.
Mary Martin, CPA