Welcome to Mrs. Cichowski's Classroom Web Page
My name is Jen Cichowski and I will be your child’s second grade teacher. I hope you are all having a wonderful summer, and are looking forward to the new school year! Monday, August 28th is the first day of school and I am excited to work together to make this year a wonderful learning experience for your child. Together we can support your child’s achievements, challenge them, expand the kinds of learning they will be offered, and celebrate each success.
Things to Remember:
- Please label all the items your child brings to school with their name.
- Children should wear sneakers to physical education class.
- If you would like to get in touch with me, please send a note to school inside your child’s homework folder. My teaching assistant will check homework folders for notes each day. If you prefer e-mail, my address is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also phone the school at 610-544-5700 to leave a message for me.
- If you send money to school (lunch money, pretzel money, book orders, etc.) it is helpful if it is placed in an envelope labeled with your child’s name and our room number.
- On any given day, if your child is not going home as stated on the enclosed Transportation Information Form (going to a friend’s house, etc.) it is helpful to know this in advance by sending me a note in the morning, or by calling the school. Please do not send emails for last minute dismissal changes.
Your child will copy their homework assignments daily. There will generally be a small assignment on Monday-Thursday evenings. Your child should work on his or her homework assignment for a maximum of twenty minutes each night. Any work that is not completed can be finished in school the following morning.
The children will have a snack period and each child will need to bring his or her own snack each day. Please have your child bring a healthy, nutritious snack (granola bars, yogurt, fruit, pretzels, popcorn, etc.). If there are food allergies in our classroom you will be notified.
School district policy states that no treats can be served for birthdays. We will celebrate your child’s birthday by singing to them at school. If you would like, you can send in a story for me to read aloud in celebration.
Scholastic offers quality literature at very reasonable prices. Additionally, every dollar spent earns points toward books for the classroom library. Your child will bring home order forms once a month. If you wish to place an order, directions for ordering online will be sent with the first book order. You can also return the order form with a check made out to Scholastic Book Clubs in an envelope. All payments must be submitted by the date indicated on the order form.
Opportunities to Help Out
I welcome any help from interested parents. A sign-up sheet and more information will be available on Back-to-School Night. Possible helpers include guest readers, field trip chaperones, and homeroom parents. Additionally, many other opportunities to support Room 210 present themselves throughout the year and I will keep you informed. If you have any special skills or expertise that may help enhance our curriculum, please let me know.