Welcome to Mr. Kahn's Webpage!you can hang out here, but everything you want is on Moodle!Name:Grade/Subject:Jeffrey Kahn
9th grade Western Civilization & AP World History
Class Schedule - Fall 2017
1st Western Civ CCP 2nd Planning 3rd Western Civ CP 4th Western Civ HMr. Kahn also coaches the Speech and Debate team, and you should join!When to find me:
Required Supplies - Western Civ (all levels)Students are required to have the following each day in class:
- Before school: Monday-Thursday, I am usually here before 7, but please give me until 7:15 to wake up unless you make an appointment.
- 5th block: Monday and Friday are Speech and Debate days. This is a good day to make up tests, but a bad time for 1-on-1 help. Otherwise, I’m typically available (Tuesdays often have meetings). Make an appointment to be sure I’m available for you.
- Note: lunch time is lunch time for me, too! I’m not available at lunch.
- Pen AND pencil
- History binder* – at least 1.5 inch with 5 dividers (binders are checked for a grade)
- Pack of 100 index cards (standard size 3x5”; any color)
- Lined paper [please, filler paper and not a notebook]
- High expectations for yourself and our class!
*go for the sturdy binder with the rings on the back. it costs a little more, but the cheap ones will fall apart by the end of the semester!Required Supplies - AP World History
Accessing MoodleAP World: https://moodle.wssd.org/course/view.php?id=134Western Civ: https://moodle.wssd.org/course/view.php?id=110Key info about the course, as well as all homework assignments and due dates and some class notes, will be on our course Moodle site. What you need is probably there! Log in (using your school login and password) at moodle.wssd.org. Parents have guest access with the code “guest”.
- Interest in learning all of world history - everything that happened to anyone at any time ever
- Willingness to put in the work to do that in one semester!