iPad: 1-to-1 UserA teacher who is a 1-to-1 user is also known as a "one iPad classroom." A single iPad a can be very beneficial for lesson planning, supporting the curriculum, providing demonstrations, and managing administrative tasks.Teachers, below is list of resources and forms to assist with using iPads teaching and learning. Click on the link to download and save each to your P drive.Types of iPad apps - This document explains that different types of apps you will find in the App Store and if they can be installed on our iPads. One-to-one users have no limitations, but should be mindful of the variances when evaluating apps.Finding and Evaluating Apps - Check out this link for details on what to look for when considering a new app. You'll also find several websites that have already reviewed and tested making it easier for you to find the best recommendations.iPad App Request Form - Use this form to submit a request to your principals for PAID APPS ONLY. One-to-one users can a manage free apps on their own.Completing the iPad App Request Form - This document provides a simple explanation on how to correctly fill out the iPad App request form.Mirroring Your iPad with Reflector - This document will explain how to project or mirror your activities on an iPad to your students.
Tips for the 1 iPad ClassroomHere's a few tips, then click the links to learn more:
- Virtual Field Trips
- Record/Publish/Share Lessons
- Use classroom tools for behavior management
- Make ebooks and movies
Using iPads with Special Needs Students
- 6 Helpful Tips For The 1 iPad Classroom
- 5 Ideas for the One iPad Classroom
- One iPad, One Classroom (Pinterest)
- Revisiting the One iPad Classroom
- 10 Terrific Ways to Use One iPad or iPhone in the Classroom
- 15 Apps for the One iPad Classroom
- Kathy's Schrock's iPad4Teaching
- Special Needs and Learning Difficulties - Learn how to configure your child's device, boost your kid's social skills, and determine the best digital media for your family's needs.
- Power Up! - apps for kids with special needs and learning difficulties
- 22 Best Mobile Apps for Kids with Special Needs - Enhance certain developmental skills with fun, new technology.