WSSD Education Plan: 2020-2021 School Year
Please read through the Education Plan that outlines the learning options for students for the 2020-2021 school year. The Education Committee has been hard at work combining research and experience from a variety of perspectives to determine the best options for our students. The plan was guided by the following goals:
1. Provide rigorous quality learning for all students that closely resembles a traditional school experience and that ensures students make adequate yearly progress toward state and local standards of excellence.
2. Provide flexible systems of learning and support for students at all levels of learning as state mandates, health recommendations, and best practices indicate.
3. Combined with the WSSD Health and Safety Plans, ensure mental, physical and academic well-being in all aspects of the plan.
4. Maintain the WSSD teaching and learning quality by ensuring all students are taught by WSSD teachers who are specialists in education and exemplary in their fields.
5. Ensure students have opportunities for consistent interaction with classmates for social-emotional well-being.
Online Academy and Cohort Model Comparison
2020 School Reopening Survey Results
May 26th WSSD School Board Meeting
Spring 2020: Continuity of Education Plan
Enrichment Resources and Activities