The best way to improve your vocabulary (and your spelling) is to learn the Greek and Latin roots of English words.
Who doesn't like a good game?
- Word Info helps you break down individual words.
- Learn That Word! lets you search by prefix or suffix.
- Wikipedia has lots of good information.
- And when all else fails, good ol' dictionary.com always comes through.
- Spelling Bee
- Sweet Sixteen
- Spelling Central (input your own words!)
- Word Scramble
- Spelling Test (it sounds miserable, but your job is just finding the word that is spelled correctly)
- ABCYa has several games that look like fun.
Don't forget--playing a spelling game online is a great choice for spelling homework!
And just in case you're a little rusty on some of the basics of spelling...
WARNING! These are weird.
There are a bunch of them. Don't be shy. You know you love a good spelling rap.
When two vowels go walking, the first one does the talking.
Click on the vowel team for a goofy video!We wouldn't want to forget the all-powerful silent e!Silent e in jail? Really?The Haunted House, starring Bill Cosby.James Iglehart is a little less...ahem...retro.