Pay by credit card is currently closed. Tax deadline was 12/31/2016.
Real Estate Tax Bill Information
- The District's fiscal year runs from July 1 through June 30.
- Real estate tax bills are issued July 1 of each year. If you do not receive your tax bill by July 15, please call 610-892-3470 ext. 1306 or email email@example.com
- Interim bills are issued based on notification of changes to property assessments received by the District from the County.
- Wallingford-Swarthmore School District includes detailed instructions on each tax bill. If, after reviewing these instructions, you have any questions, please contact the Tax Office at 610-892-3470 ext. 1306 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- The postmark on the tax payment envelope must be a USPS postmark (not a mail machine postmark) stamped on or before the due date for the amount being paid. If you are mailing your payment close to the due date, the only way to guarantee the official postmark is to go to your local post office and ask to have the envelope hand stamped.
- Failure to receive a bill does not entitle owner to discount or remission of penalty on taxes.
2016-2017 Millage Rate
The difference in millage between municipalities is due to the Delaware County Community College contribution.
Our tax certifications are $50.00.
You get the current year and two (2) prior years.
You can make the check payable to and mail it to:
Wallingford-Swarthmore School District
Attn: Tax Office
200 S. Providence Rd.
You must enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
To receive the Homestead/Farmstead exclusion, the Homestead/Farmstead application must be filed with the County by March 1. Applications, once approved, are good for a minimum of three years. Approved Homestead/ Farmstead applications are the basis for any tax relief gambling funds from the state. Credits are not issued to homeowners without approved applications.
To receive a Homestead/Farmstead application, please contact Janice Geraghty at 610-892-3470 ext. 1306 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Once you receive the application, fill it out and return it to:
Delaware County Board of Assessment – Homestead Coordinator
Courthouse & Government Center
201 West Front Street
Media, PA 19063
The installments are paid in three equal payments due on August 31, September 30, and October 31. Installment payments are based on the face amount due. If the first installment is not paid by August 31, the taxpayer is not eligible to participate in the installment payment plan. If the second or third installment is paid after the due date, a 10% penalty will be applied to each late installment payment.
- To receive a duplicate tax bill, please call the Tax Office at 610-892-3470 ext. 1306 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for Tax Bill Corrections
Delaware County Courthouse
Attn: Assessment Office
Government Center Building
201 West Front Street
Media, PA 19063
Each February, all unpaid real estate taxes are forwarded to the Delaware County Courthouse for further collection. For interim bills issued, please contact the tax office for the date the tax bill will be remitted to the County. For any questions or to make payments after the taxes are turned over to the County, please contact the Tax Claim Bureau at 610-891-4293.
Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program
To qualify for this program:
You or your spouse must be 65 or over, or permanently disabled and under 65, or a widow or widower over age 50
You must have paid your tax and have proof of payment.
Please contact the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue toll free by calling 1-888-222-9190. To order rebate forms, call 1-800-362-2050 http://www.revenue.pa.gov
Information related to Delaware County real estate parcels, assessment appeals information, etc., is available online at the Delaware County web site http://www.co.delaware.pa.us/.
Per Capita Tax Information
- Per Capita tax bills for the new year are issued July 1 of each year.
- Per Capita tax is $10 for the following municipalities: Swarthmore, Rutledge, and Rose Valley.
- Per Capita tax for Nether Providence residents is $15 ($10 for the School District and $5 collected on behalf of Nether Providence Township).
- To be exonerated from paying this tax, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Your taxable income is less than $10,000.00 for individuals or $20,000.00 for married couples.
- You are under 18 years of age.
- You are no longer a resident of Wallingford-Swarthmore School District.
Each January, all unpaid per capita taxes are forwarded to Berkheimer Associates for further collection. For any questions or to make payments after the taxes are turned over to Berkheimer, please contact Berkheimer at 1-800-360-8989.
If you have additional questions, please call the Wallingford-Swarthmore School District's Tax Office at 610-892-3470 ext. 1306.