Helpful Homeroom Information
- Arrival – Please have your child to school on time. Students are brought to the classroom at 8:45 so that the day can begin at 9:00.
- Snack – We will have snack each day. Students have been told that there is no food trading during snack and lunch due to food allergies.
- Dismissal – Please send a note to school if there is any change in normal dismissal times and/or procedures.
- Absence – If your child is absent please send an absentee note when your child returns to school.
- Birthdays – Students may celebrate their birthday with treats other than FOOD...for example pencils, erasers etc.
- Scholastic Book Club – We will order books on a monthly basis. The book club offers a nice selection of books and other materials at a reasonable price. If your child is placing an order please return it in an envelope with your child’s name. Make the check payable to SCHOLASTIC, INC.
- Guest Reader – It would be an honor to have you read to us. Guest Reader Day will be on Wednesdays at 2:45.
- Classroom Volunteer – This might entail working with a small group, baking, sewing, or other enriching experiences. Please let me know of your interests by sending me a note.
Developing independent study and work habits is an integral part of third grade. Children will receive homework Monday – Thursday that they should be able to complete in 20-30 minutes. All work should be completed neatly and in pencil. I will send home a note if your child's homework was incomplete. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Reading – It is expected that your child will read up to 40 minutes a night and maintain a reading log.
- Additional Homework – Your child will receive homework in other areas such as spelling, math, cursive, and social studies. Unless otherwise specified, all homework is due the next morning.
Trips that are being discussed for the entire third grade are:
- Crystal Cave
- Veteran’s Memorial and Delaware County Courthouse
- Tyler Arboretum
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
I look forward to working with you and your child to make third grade a wonderful experience. If you have any questions or concerns please write a note or make a telephone call. I am always available to listen. Thank you for all that you do to support your child’s learning!