Helpful Homeroom Information
- Arrival – Please have your child to school on time. Students are brought to the classroom at 8:45 so that the day can begin at 9:00.
- Snack – We will have snack each day. Students have been told that there is no food trading during snack and lunch due to food allergies.
- Dismissal – Please send a note to school if there is any change in normal dismissal times and/or procedures.
- Absence – If your child is absent please send an absentee note when your child returns to school.
- Birthdays – Students may celebrate their birthday with treats other than FOOD...for example pencils, erasers etc.
- Scholastic Book Club – We will order books on a monthly basis. The book club offers a nice selection of books and other materials at a reasonable price. All orders will be placed online
- Guest Reader – It would be an honor to have you read to us. Guest Reader Day will be on Wednesdays at 2:55 VIA Zoom.
Developing independent study and work habits is an integral part of third grade. Children will receive homework Monday – Thursday that they should be able to complete in 20-30 minutes. All work should be completed neatly and in pencil. I will send home a note if your child's homework was incomplete. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Reading – It is expected that your child will read up to 40 minutes a night and maintain a reading log.
- Additional Homework – Your child will receive homework in other areas such as spelling, math, cursive, and social studies. Unless otherwise specified, all homework is due the next morning.
I look forward to working with you and your child to make third grade a wonderful experience. If you have any questions or concerns please write a note or make a telephone call. I am always available to listen. Thank you for all that you do to support your child’s learning!