8th Grade Computer Science
Disclaimer: Due to the preservation of the computer room and equipment, NO Food, Drink, Gum, or Electronics will be permitted in class. Failure to comply will result in a reduction to the students’ citizenship grade and/or disciplinary action.
8th Grade Classwork/Project PolicySince this is a project based course, it is essential that students make their best effort to attend class. However, if a student is absent, they are responsible for any missed work. Please check the portal often for any missing assignments. Full credit will be given when work is turned in on time.
What you will be learning:
- Coding - using Code.org and Code HS
- App Creation
- Web Design
- Digital Safety
Citizenship Grade 25 pts a quarter
Digital Safety Participation 2 pts
Mini Lessons 20 pts
Final projects 100 pts
Class Work: 40%
Participation: 5%Citizenship Grade
To ensure all students are working toward the creation of the projects on a daily basis, students will be receiving a daily grade. We will be using class dojo to monitor point accumulation. In order to earn points, students need to be engaged in the following:
- Respect Others
- Look for the BEST in others
- Be your BEST self
- BELIEVE in yourself
- Diligently work for the entire class period
- Contribute in learning teams and learning partners
- Assist other students
- Contribute to class discussion
Failure to receive full credit for the Citizenship grade can occur when a student:
• Disrupts the learning process of other students
• Engages in activities unrelated to computer class
• Violates the Acceptable Computer Use Pledge!
• Uses words or actions that hurt other students
• Disrespects teachers, fellow students, and/or equipment
• Engages in activity that goes against SHMS Code of Conduct as found in the agenda bookThis is a project-based course. Students will be evaluated based on their ability to follow daily instructions and ability to stay on task.
Students are welcome to come after school for extra help or to finish projects worked on in class.