Make Music With Us!
Wallingford-Swarthmore School District Music Department 2022 Summer Music Program
June 21 - July 14, 2022
Nicholas Pignataro, John Shankweiler, Henry Pearlberg, Directors
Registration: March 4 - June 13, 2022
Come join us for the 2022 WSSD Summer Music Program. The program will be held on the campus of Strath Haven Middle School. The Program is for WSSD students and community members who are interested in making music together!
★ Students of WSSD who are in the 3rd through 12th Grade and includes instruction and ensemble experiences for instruments in the band and orchestra, which include: flute, oboe, bassoon, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, Horn, trombone, euphonium, tuba, percussion, violin, viola, cello, and string bass
★ Students in grades 4th through 6th who are interested in singing in choir
★ Students who wish to begin to learn a band or orchestra instrument
★ Students who wish to continue playing and improving on their instruments through the summer
★ High school and adult members of our WSSD Community who are interested in playing in a concert band
Experience Music This Summer
● Small group lessons, ensemble experiences scheduled twice each week for 90 - 120 minute sessions including short breaks. Example: Mondays/Wednesdays and Tuesdays/Thursdays
● Jazz Band includes all wind instruments as well as guitar, bass, drum set, and keyboards.
● A variety of music experiences that will also include for all participants - instrument and vocal instruction and ensembles as well as enriching - bucket drumming, ukulele, and steel pan
● Culminating outdoor concert on Thursday, July 14 @ 6:30 pm
● The WSSD Summer Music Program will be adhering to all approved safety protocols which will include: social distancing, approved singing and instrumental PPE, length of each session, etc.
● Full Program: Students in 3rd-12th Grade: $235.00. This includes tuition, materials, and PPE which will be provided on the first day of the program. If more than one student is registering from a family, the additional family member tuition rate is $210.00 per additional family member.
● Evening High School/Adult Community Band only: $45.00; includes cost of PPE.
Please click here for the Registration Form
Registration for the 2022 WSSD Summer Music Program opens on March 4, 2022. Payments in the form of a check only should be made out to “Wallingford-Swarthmore School District” with “2022 Summer Music Program” AND your child’s name written in the memo section and should be mailed to:
℅ 2022 WSSD Summer Music Program
Strath Haven Middle School
200 S. Providence Rd, Wallingford, PA 19086
Questions about the program or schedule can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org