Car Parade Guidelines
- Students who are participating in the car parade are strongly encouraged to park in the Brookhaven lot PRIOR to Commencement. Shuttle busses will be available for students and families who would prefer not to walk to and from King Field. Shuttle busses will run from 3:15-4:15 and again immediately after the ceremony.
- The Brookhaven lot will be open for car parade parking at 3:15.
- The car parade is scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m. The car parade route is posted on wssd.org/seniors.
- To promote safety and avoid distracted driving, we strongly encourage each car to have a driver who is NOT the graduate! Graduates should be passengers so they can safely enjoy the celebration.
- To promote safety during the parade, students must be INSIDE a vehicle, Police will cite students who are in the back of a pickup truck or otherwise sitting outside of a vehicle. Also, the number of passengers in a car may not exceed its intended use.
- Students are encouraged to decorate their cars, wear their caps and gowns, and feel the love from the community.
If you have questions about the car parade, please contact Mr. Tom McLaughlin (firstname.lastname@example.org)