Snacks and Birthdays
We will have snack every day. Please send a healthy snack with your child beginning with the first day of school. Snack will be 10-15 minutes long so please do not send foods that require a lot of time to eat or prepare. On hot days, feel free to send in a water bottle. In addition, we look forward to celebrating birthdays in our class. There is a NO FOOD district policy. You are welcome to bring in a non-edible treat for the classmates.
**Please let me know if your child has any particular dietary needs in which I should be aware! **
First grade eats at 11:45 a.m. each day. If your child brings lunch to school, it will be kept in the cubby until lunchtime. If your child buys lunch from the menu in the morning, the lunch money will be kept in his/her desk until lunchtime. You can prepay for lunches using our online payment service. More information can be found on the district website under the tab Departments and then Food Services.
Homework will be assigned almost every night with the exception of Fridays. Your child should work on his or her homework for approximately twenty minutes each night. Any work that is not completed may be finished in school the next morning. I will be providing your child with a weekly homework sheet that should be kept in the home folder. I will send a note home in September further detailing the homework routine.
- Please put your child’s name on all clothing (particularly coats and jackets), school bags, lunch boxes, etc.
- If you send money to school for any reason (Home and School fundraisers, book orders, field trips, etc.) pleaseput it in an envelope with your child’s name, our room number, and what the money is for.
- Please fill out the enclosed transportation sheet and return it to me the first day of school.This information is crucial for a stress-free and accurate dismissal. Please review with your child how he or she will be getting home after school for the first few days. The end of the day can be hectic with a new routine to learn and I want to be sure everyone goes where they need to go. I appreciate your help!
- If there is a transportation change for dismissal, I MUST receive a note, email or please call the office. I will not send your child home a different way unless I have confirmation from you! This is a yearlong policy.
You can now place your Scholastic Book Club orders online!
Browse all the great monthly Club selections at low prices and order online. Plus, our class earns a FREE book every time a parent orders online.
Here's how it works:
- Use the information below to access the Scholastic Book Clubs Web site.
- Browse the titles with your child, and place your order with your credit card.
- Your order will come to me, and your credit card payment will go directly to Scholastic's secure server. There's no need to send money to school.
- After I submit the entire class's order to Scholastic, your order will be delivered to our classroom for your child to take home.
Class Code: VYR9W
Ordering online is the most convenient way to use Scholastic Book Clubs. You can order anytime, right up until the online order due date. You'll also get instant access to over 500 additional titles plus online-only specials and discounts.
And don't forget: Every time a parent places an order online, we earn a FREE book for our classroom library!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
A paper copy of the Scholastic book club order forms are also sent home monthly in the home folder. Browse through the catalogs with your child, and if you would like to purchase books, you have two options: order online or send to school the order form on the back of the catalogs and a check payable to Scholastic Books.