What are anchor activities?
- Tasks that students move to automatically after completing assigned work
- Tasks are differentiated based on student interests and challenge level
- Essential to student learning (not just time fillers)
- Linked to PA Academic Standards and course content
- Options offered from teacher AND student generated lists
- Provide opportunities for ALL students to extend their learning
- Encourages students to learn beyond the school day
What are the requirements for science class?
- Each anchor activity is worth a specific number of points.
- Neat, accurate and quality work will earn maximum points.
- You may choose from anchors from class, from my web site, and/or from Google Classroom.
- You must complete a total of 20 points per marking period.
- Students are encouraged to complete more anchor activities if 20 points are completed prior to the due date.
- Your Anchor Activity Log will be kept in class in the file box.
- After you complete an activity, you must record it on your log and put the completed activity in your class folder.
- YOU are responsible for your log. If your log is lost, you will need to make up the lost points or show the work to your teacher again.
- All anchor activities must be completed by the assigned date which will be approximately two weeks before the end of the marking period.