SHHS Chromebook 1:1 Printing Directions
Google has created the Chromebook to be a paperless device. This means printing from a Chromebook does not work the same as printing from a regular desktop or laptop. However, the district has purchased a “Follow Me” printing program that allows every SHHS 1-to-1 Chromebook to print easily to 7 designated SHHS printers (see below). Each of these printers have been outfitted with custom hardware and software to allow them to release Chromebook print jobs. These printers were selected by the HS administration and department heads. All of these printers still function as regular printers as they have in the past for desktops and laptops.
Designated Chromebook Printer Locations at SHHS
- Outside Rm. 333
- Trailers (Outside PTA) - This printer still needs to be installed. We are waiting on cabling installation.
- IPC 1st Floor
- IPC 2nd Floor
- IPC 3rd Floor
- IPC 4th Floor
How to Print from a 1-to-1 Chromebook
- Open the Google Doc, Sheet, Slide, etc. that you would like to print (if you are printing a webpage, click on the “three dots” in the top right of the address bar).
- Click on the printer icon.
- Next to Destination, Click Change.
- Scroll down and select Follow-Me-Printing.
- Finally, click Print.
- Your print job will be queued on the SHHS Follow-Me-Print server for up to 36 hours.
- Go to any of the 7 Chromebook printer locations and type in your Student ID on the attached keypad and press Enter to release your print job.
NOTE: Per Dr. Brown, each print job is limited to 15 pages. Any print job that is not retrieve within 36 hours is automatically deleted from the print queue.