- School begins at 8:45 am and ends at 3:30 pm.
- Send in a yellow note for a dismissal change.
- Call the attendance line at 610-565-7847 by 9:30 am on the morning of an absence.
- Send in a green note after an absence. *For an absence to be excused you must send in a written note. An email does not take the place of a written note.
- Send your child with a healthy snack and lunch/lunch money every day.
- Use the homework folder given for any special notes or mail.
- We will schedule two parent/teacher conferences (November and March/April) and you will receive two written report cards (January and June).
Helping in the Classroom
- Volunteer to be a guest reader. Scheduling is flexible.
- Chaperone class field trips.
- Share a hobby, talent, or interest with the class.
- Volunteer at a holiday party or other special event.
- Unpack/Morning Meeting
- Quiet Time
- Language Arts Block (Writing, Reading Groups, Daily Five)
- Science/Social Studies/Choice
- Closing Circle
Once school has gotten underway, homework will be assigned Monday-Thursday. Your child will have daily reading, math, and spelling assignments. Please refer to the WES homework policy for homework guidelines. Homework is assigned to provide practice and reinforcement of skills already learned. First Graders take home and return homework in their offical homework folders.