6th Grade Learning SupportPeriods 3 and 8
- Agendas will be reviewed and checked daily.
- Daily Warm-Up.
- Students may review homework, concepts taught in content area classes, study for upcoming assessments, plan and work on long term assignments, and receive assistance with time management and organizational skills.
- Each student works very hard during Learning Center, but they will usually have more homework/studying to do at home.
- All students are welcome to stay after school on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 2:30-3:00 for extra help.
-To learn the Executive Functioning Curriculum
-To become an independent learner and accept responsibility for learning
-Use the computer as a tool
-Seek help when needed
-Come prepared for learning support
To help students do as well as possible in all subjects
- Provide assistance in subject matter
- Teach study skills/ test-taking strategies
- Teach organization skills
- Monitor progress in classes by communicating with teachers
- Encourage note taking
- Work on time management
- Encourage students to form goals and maintain a positive outlook about school
- Discuss goals and ways to attain these goals
- Monitor progress achieving competency or mastery on IEP goals
Arrive for class on time
Come prepared for class
Complete any assignments
Respect teacher and classmates
Speak in a friendly manner
Each child has the opportunity to earn 5 points each class period
- 1 point for arriving on time
- 1 point for filling out agenda book accurately and completely
- 1 point for working the entire period/ on task
- 1 point for being prepared for class
- 1 point for being respectful and cooperative to teacher and classmates