When I do my reading homework, I should use active reading strategies.
1. So I can understand what I read.
2. So I can learn and do well in school
3. So I will make fewer mistakes, so I will not have to feel frustrated or confused
4. So I can feel proud and find out what I can do when I try my best!
Write down tricky words on sticky notes
When you find a tricky word: Try to sound it out. Ask someone! What is this word? What does it mean?
Steps to Success during
1. Read title, picture walk, think, predict
2. Track, whisper-read, read carefully, find tricky words, sound out words, ask someone about tricky words, write down words on sticky notes
3. Re-read for fluency practice and better understanding; practice good expression and pay attention to punctuation
4. If there are questions that you need to answer: read the questions, think about what you need to find out
5. Re-read (whisper-read and track) and think about the key words from the questions
6. Answer the questions: Find Proof whenever you can!